Data tracking makes it possible for IntuiFace users to identify the preferences and - when relevant - demographics of those who use their interactive content. This data can even be collected in an environmental context, meaning you can capture information like location and weather, potential influences on user decisions.
- Log virtually any event (e.g. user action, data input, environmental info, etc.)
- Use unlimited parameters for each logged event, maximizing the richness of reported information.
- Automatic event capture for experience and scene start/stop, enabling you to measure dwell time.
- Identify sessions (coupled with improved RFID/NFC tag reader support) so you can differentiate users.
- Real time upload of event information - aka data points - to a centralized, cloud-based Hub, permitting almost immediate access to data across even the largest deployment.
- Quick access to data in Excel or your own database - local copies enabling fast analysis.
- Automated integration with Mixpanel and Segment, permitting data point transfer to virtually any analytics, marketing or data warehouse platform on the market.
- Offline log storage for devices that lose or don't have Internet connectivity.
How It Works
[This is a high level description. Follow associated links for more detailed information.]
Addition of the Data Tracking interface asset to any experience introduces the Log Event action. Like any other action, the Log Event action can be called by any trigger available in IntuiFace. (For more about triggers and actions, see this article.
The Log Event action is assigned a name and - optionally - one or more parameters. When called, this information is bundled as a data point and sent to the IntuiFace Data Tracking Hub, a cloud-based repository hosted by IntuiLab. Both IntuiFace Composer and Player can log events. If the device running Composer or Player is offline, data points are stored locally until connectivity is restored.
Once one or more data points are on the Data Tracking Hub, you have various options for accessing the data:
- Download directly into Excel (see here for more info)
- Forward it to Mixpanel (see here for more info)
- Forward it to Segment (see here for more info)
- Download into any third party tool using a REST-based Web service query (see here for more info)
- Forward data points to your own database or to a database IntuiLab hosts for you
The number of data points you can log in a month is determined by the Data Tracking plan you select. Options exist for managing when data points are consumed.
Questions You Can Answer With Data Tracking
Here are just some examples of questions you can answer - using the analytics tool of your choice - thanks to IntuiFace Data Tracking.
- Which stores have the most interactive signage use?
- Which product generated the most interest on a rainy day?
- What is the % of loyalty card holders who have browsed?
- What is the gender split for kiosk users?
- How many times was the pitch delivered?
- How much time was spent delivering the pitch?
- Which topics were most discussed with a prospect?
- What feedback does the presenter have to share?
- How many leads were collected during the first day?
- What were the most popular videos?
- What was the average idle time for various times of day?
- What share of sessions were run by staff vs. self-service?
- What were the most popular videos / topics?
- What is the average length of a session?
- How many Members identified themselves?
- What feedback did visitors have to share?
- What is the most popular menu item on a weekday?
- Which of the promoted restaurants is most often selected on a rainy day?
- Which tourist destination gets the least number of queries?
- Which partner ads generated the most views and requests for an email?